Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Okay to be a Girl Geek

While I haven't always been a computer geek, I do find myself increasingly interested in technology, computers and new media. I guess it comes with the nature of the job, Web Producer, right?

When people hear "technology" or "computers" or "web development" there's been a stereotype at least in the past that it's a man's field. While men probably fill most of the jobs in the technology field, us women are doing some important work.

I may not be as knowledgable as about javascript or CSS or HTML as the next guy, but I do think technology is such a huge field with growing importance of exponential return that us women should not be afraid to jump in and get our hands dirty in the high-tech workforce.

With that said, check out these sites for women in technology...

Anita Borg Institutute for Women and Technology

Girls in Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment