Sunday, March 1, 2009

Contemplating netbooks, popular YouTube video

I've been contemplating purchasing a netbook and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. A netbook is a mini laptop. They're much smaller and cheaper (starting around $250) than laptops. They're not made to take on the full load of a regular laptop or desktop, but they're gaining popularity.

I'm looking at the Dell mini 9 or the Acer Aspire One. I would mainly use it for travel to get online and check email, nothing hardcore. I would like the option of Bluetooth. My main concerns are price, battery life, and hard drive space (although that can be taken care of with external storage). So do you have any suggestions? What's your experience with netbooks? Love 'em, hate 'em, could care less? Tell me!

On a different note...I was browsing through some web headlines tonight and found some old ones about the most popular YouTube videos. In 2007 it was the "Evolution of Dance" video. That fell to the number two slot in 2008. As off writing this post, the video has had 115 million views.

I first saw this video probably a year ago and thought it was hilarious. So after I learned it had so many views, I decided to check behind the dancing and found that the dancer is a comedian. Apparently his YouTube sucess has translated into marketing success. He's selling dance t-shirts, has appeared on national TV shows, has come out with a second video - "Evolution of Dance 2," and you can even upload your own photo and do the evolution of dance routine yourself.

Just some random fun I thought I'd throw your way!

1 comment:

  1. my daughter uses an acer one,she uses it at school and is very happy with it. my suggestion go with acer

    ReplyDelete