Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Training at UMC


Whew! It's been a long time since my last blog post. Sorry about that. I just want to give a little update as to what I've been up to.


I've had the incredible opportunity to receive some extra training in reporting at the University of Missouri-Columbia.


I have to say that learning from the best of the best in the business is both awe-inspiring and intimidating. I've heard from multiple award winning journalists, including a Pultizer prize winner. I've been shown many new tools to help me gather research and data on a number of subjects.


Now that I've learned how and where to look for important stories affecting the Heartland, I just hope I can deliver the caliber of reporting required for such a feat. Check back for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment