Sunday, April 26, 2009

How did I ever live without a smartphone?

I recently got a Blackberry. It's my first smartphone and I wonder what I ever did without it. Now that I have the Internet at my fingertips virtually at all times, I can't imagine not having a smartphone with email and Internet capabilities.

As content becomes more available to mobile phones, it's often faster and easier to find info on the go. For example, Tuesday I headed to Paducah, Kentucky to do a story on the quilt show that brings thousands of people to the area each year. So, I wanted to do a little research. On my hour and a half long ride there, I was able to go to the American Quilter's Society website, read their history, look up directions, check my email and even tweet on Twitter.

As technology continues to evolve, it will become accessible to more and more people. This connects the world, providing entertainment, information, and communication 24/7 in your pocket or purse.

While I'm not sure I'm ready to watch a full length movie on my phone yet, I am excited about all the possibilities I've discovered.

I want to know...do you have a smartphone? What kind do you have? Why do you like it? Which smartphones would you recommend for other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment